Monday, December 9, 2013

4 Months "Corrected" Already!


Our handsome little man was 4 months "corrected" on the 2nd of December!  It is really hard to believe that 6 months have gone by since he came into the world and 4 months since we brought him home! 

Crew is turning into quite the character, and we are loving every second of it!  Just in this past week, he has started eating rice cereal (December 2nd), had 2 teeth pop through (December 3rd when I felt them), started sitting up "kind-of" (December 5th), and rolled over from his back to his tummy by himself (December 7th)!!  The dates are so that I can remember them!!

The rice cereal thing wasn't going so great so we switched to single grain oatmeal yesterday and he seems to be liking that better.  He would gag on the rice cereal and make some pretty funny faces.  He even had tears over it one night ... that is when I decided to switch it up!

As for his teeth ... I was not at all expecting teeth already!!  Crew had been chewing and drooling like crazy and it was mentioned to me by his dad that he was probably teething to which I said "not yet!"  Then, one day while I was letting him chew on my finger, I told Nee Nee that I thought I felt a tooth and sure enough I looked and their they were, 2 of them!

The sitting up is still in the making, but his balance is getting much better!  If I prop him just right he will stay sitting up (a little hunched over) for quite awhile.  He will even look around the room while he is doing it.  This is progress compared to last month!  Crew has also been trying to roll over for a couple weeks.  Just a couple of days ago, I was on the floor with him (shopping online) and looked over to find him on his tummy!  He had rolled over all by himself!! He did it again on his play-mat today when I wasn't looking!

As for Crew's health ... he has been great!  No colds, fevers, or even a runny nose!! Knock on wood!  His dad likes to make fun of me for being OCD about everyone being clean and washing hands (I kind of am) but it's keeping the little guy healthy!!  We still have not had any SVT, which is pretty amazing to us!  Crew is still on his 2 heart medications to regulate his heart, but Dr. Womack may be taking him off those soon to see if the SVT returns.  If it does, he will go back on the medication until he can have an ablation.  And, if it doesn't then there is a slight chance that he has outgrown that pathway his heart was taking.  Our little man is still on oxygen at night and his heart monitor, but those alarms are going off less and less!!  We did a sleep study this past week to try to find out why he is still needing the oxygen, but we have not heard the results yet!  The sleep study was not the most restful night for Crew or I, but I am sure glad we did it and that it is over!  We also did a swallow study before Thanksgiving to see if he was aspirating and that all checked out good.  He is refluxing, but not aspirating.  We see the NICU follow-up doctor next week, as well as Dr. Flynn (Endocrinologist) and Dr. Tippets (Pulmonologist) for follow-ups.  All in all, his health and his progression have been such a blessing to us and we are grateful every day for how wonderful he is doing!  Oh, and I can't forget to mention that at his last appointment, which was well over a week ago he weighed in at 16.12lbs!!!  I am certain he is in the 17-18lb mark by now though!

Thanksgiving was spent this year split between his Aunt Michelle and Uncle Chet's house and his Grandma and Grandpa Schow's house.  Crew also got to meet Santa for the first time at the annual Schow Christmas Party!  I've posted some pictures below of the past month for your viewing pleasure....



Meeting Santa

Christmas City, Rupert, Idaho

His Version of Sitting Up - Oh, and the Shirt is Pretty Cute Too!

Teeth

Cousins - Crew loved them!!
Thanksgiving

Practicing Tummy Time

Crew and Momma Snuggling After the Sleep Study

My Little Man Today Being a Ham!


And, a Few From His Recent Photo Shoot by Nee Nee ...


No comments:

Post a Comment